Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 8 - My First Self Portrait

So I have officially completed my first week of Project 365. I almost slipped up a few times, but I am glad that I was able to push myself to go out and shoot.

My MB-D10 and EN-EL4a battery came yesterday so naturally I made the obligatory portrait. I really like the grip so far, it feels very solid on the D700 and gives the body a bit of extra balance (although mass as well). The EN-EL4a is the Nikon rechargable battery that allows me to use the camera at 8fps, which is SUPER FAST by the way! I can't wait to take sports shots with this beast.

One thing that I have noticed with my project is that I need to resist the urge to take the easy way out. It has been eight days and I already have two photos of the kittens. Although they are great subjects and have constantly changing poses, I want to make sure I don't end up with 1/3 of the project being photos of the cats. I guess the desire to shoot will come and go in waves?

Anyways, its Wednesday, the week is almost over and I am ready for another adventure-filled weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment