Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 1 - Franklin the Cat


Day 1 - Franklin the Cat, originally uploaded by Daniel Bott.

I have always been interesed in the "Project 365" movement. For those unfamiliar with the project, it is an attempt by a photographer to take a photo everyday for 365 days....and I am going to try and do just that.

I should have some very unique experiences within the next 365 days and hope to capture the memories through photos. This is going to be a pretty had undertaking for me, and I will have to really keep it as one of my top priorities (right along with brushing my teeth).

The reason I decided to start this project came with the arrival of my D700. I have been waiting a few years to finally upgrade from my D50 and decided to "go big, or go home." Having a camera like this is going to take a lot of getting used to, but I think the Project 365 should really help with that.

You can track my progress by checking out my Project 365 album here. Rather than clutter the blog with daily posts, I will do my best to blog about some of the more interesting shots that I take throughout the project. If you want more information about the shots, I am going to do my best to add a short description or story with each photo that I upload on Flickr.

Here's to me not forgetting to shoot!
-Dan

1 comment: