Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Looking back...looking forward...

My first "real" semester at the paper is complete. I've seen many new places, learned many new things, and made friends with many new people. Not to mention, I've taken more photos in the past three months than I ever have in my life. Some were ok and some weren't, some assignments were sweet and some were boring, but I'd say they were all fun in one way or another. Unfortunately (yet fortunately), I'm off to New Zealand again soon, this time for a longer visit...six months!

I plan on starting another blog to chronicle my adventures below the equator and across the globe. I can't wait to have some substantial time to shoot things that are so unnatural to me and to take some time to try and develop my "eye" a bit more. Oftentimes the best photos come from very unfamiliar surroundings. Now I just need a witty name for the blog, so I'm open to suggestions.

Some downsides of this trip are that I am missing the graduations of tons of friends this spring and the ability to shoot a lot of cool things. A bit of a bummer, but c'est la vie. So without getting too sappy, thanks to all of the graduating seniors for all of their help, guidance, and fun times!


P.S. Anyone is welcome to visit! I'm only a plane ride away!


A note on the photo: This was taken at the Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland in Rotoroua, NZ. A pretty sweet place and somewhere I would love to visit again.



Keep shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment