Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rumors from the Nikon Camp...



So I've been waiting like a child on Christmas Eve for a new release from Nikon. I am still shooting with my trusty d50, and don't get me wrong, it can produce...but I feel as though I am in need of change. After shooting with Mak's d300 and later d700 I knew that it was time.

I have had my eyes on the d300 for a while, but now with the impending rumors of a d300s and a d700x, I have decided that I can hold out a while longer.

Herein lies my problem...the d300s is a DX body and will use all of my glass. It should also include HD video which would be a cool feature to have (but not imperative). The d700/d700x are FX cameras which would require me to buy new lenses....PLUS! apparently Nikon's release schedule has been leaked as well!

If I put any trust in that, a d400 will be released in Q2 2010...I would hate to get a d300s and have a d400 released shortly after....

I guess I will get a used d300 for the time being and flip it for an upgrade when I feel it is appropriate....

Whatever happens, I will still enjoy shooting...that's for sure!


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment